Heide Himmel - The highest treetop path in Northern Germany
In October 2019, a brand new experience has been opened at the Luneburg Heath Wildlife Park. "Heide Himmel", the highest treetop path in Northern Germany offers nature lovers and anyone who wants to enjoy unique views an insights into the nature of the Luneburg Heath.
Along the barrier-free, 700-metre-long path through the forest at the edge of the wildlife park, visitors are offered many new impressions.
The 40-metre-high observation tower not only provides a breathtaking panoramic view. Dealing with the topic of "nature" and its conservation will also broaden one's own horizons. The opening hours of the tree-top walk are linked to the opening hours of the wildlife park, and visitors to the wildlife park benefit from a combined ticket for both facilities.
Nature for anyone - The Heide Himmel treetop path at a glance
- Barrier-free access
- approx. 700 m total path length (access, bridges, platforms and stairs)
- Heide Himmel height: 45 m high panorama plateau
- Passenger lift
- Size of viewing platform approx. 150 sqm
- Up to 22 m path height
- 20 environmental and learning stations
- Forest nature trail
- Expert guided tours for groups and school classes
- Heaven and earth" restaurant for big and small appetites
- Souvenir shop with regional specialities
- Coming soon: large adventure playground
Information on Corona's safety measures
- Our hygiene concept provides for the following measures:
- Keeping visitors at least 1.5 - 2 metres apart from each other
- Signs reminding visitors to wash their hands regularly
- Sufficient stations for hand disinfection
- The cleaning intervals in the toilet blocks are shortened.
- Playgrounds are open for children under the parents' own responsibility
- Catering establishments remain closed until further notice (except for outdoor snack bars and kiosks)
- Distance markings and disinfection stations in front of the cash desks
- To avoid queues at the ticket counters, please use our Online-TicketShop